In This Issue:
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Fiscal Year-End Voucher Processing Deadlines Now Available
- Preparing for Fall 2023 Resources
- Reminder: Mass Processing for Fall 2023 Begins in July
- Recent Enhancements to the Contract Payment Tracker (CPT)
- New Workday Filters Help Manage Form I-9 Processing
- Workday Receives Duplicate Management Enhancement
- MTSS Now Supports Professional Student Job Families
- You asked US! – Answers to Common Questions
- askUS Self-Paced Learning
- askUS Release Notes
Important Dates and Deadlines
Monday, July 3 at 3 p.m. – Semi-Monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time for June 16-30.
Wednesday, July 5 at noon – CSU Transaction Processing Deadline for the Monthly Mass EAJ/Term Process, which runs Friday, July 7.
Tuesday, July 18 at 3 p.m. – Semi-Monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time for July 1-15.
Monday, July 24 – Non-Tenure Track Faculty Mass Transactions submission window opens.
Monday, July 24 at 1 p.m. – Prior Period Mass Advance of Time for the April 2023 time-entry lock on July 31.
Friday, July 28, at 5 p.m. – Performance Appraisal Mass Transaction Process submission window closes.
Monday, July 31 – Mass End Employment Date Extension Process submission window opens.
Fiscal Year-End Voucher Processing Deadlines Now Available
Fiscal Year-End 2022-23 Voucher Processing Deadlines are now available in the askUS Knowledge Base. You can find links to other processing deadlines, including purchasing requisitions and scholarship processing, in the Processing Deadlines for Fiscal Year-End 2022-23 entry. To learn more about Fiscal Year-End at UT, refer to the Fiscal Year-End Resources entry.
Preparing for Fall 2023 Resources
The Preparing for Fall 2023 webpage contains important dates and resources to assist departments in preparing for HR processing in support of the upcoming fall semester. Topics covered include mass processes, academic and student employment, onboarding, reporting, and training.
Reminder: Mass Processing for Fall 2023 Begins in July
Submission windows for the following mass processes will open or be active during July.
- The Non-Tenure Track (NTT) Faculty Mass Process runs from Monday, July 24 – Friday, August 4, at 5:00 p.m.
- The Performance Appraisal Mass Transaction Process submission window closes Friday, July 28, at 5:00 p.m.
- The Mass End Employment Date Extension Process runs from Monday, July 31 – Wednesday, September 6.
Recent Enhancements to the Contract Payment Tracker (CPT)
The Contract Payment Tracker (CPT) recently passed the two-month mark since its release to campus. With the use of the CPT increasing, we want to share some of the enhancements now available to CPT users. For more information, continue reading Recent Enhancements to the Contract Payment Tracker (CPT).
New Workday Filters Help Manage Form I-9 Processing
Two new inbox (My Tasks) filters are now available in Workday to help I-9 Partners manage the Complete Form I-9 process. For more information, continue reading New Workday Filters Help Manage Form I-9 Processing.
Workday Receives Duplicate Management Enhancement
An enhancement to Workday released in June will reduce delays experienced by Recruiters when moving candidates through the recruiting process due to duplicate records. For more information, continue reading Duplicate Management Enhancement Coming to Workday in June.
MTSS Now Supports Professional Student Job Families
The Mass Transaction Submission System (MTSS) now supports Professional Student job families in Workday. For more information, continue reading MTSS Now Supports Professional Student Job Families.
You asked US! – Answers to Common Questions
Answers to Common UT Market Questions
The askUS Support team compiled a list of the most common questions we receive from users of UT Market, along with where to find the answers in the askUS Knowledge Base. Previously, we shared similar tips for FRMS and DEFINE. To learn more, continue reading Answers to Common UT Market Questions.
Can Workday help us make a birthday calendar for our department?
Yes. Use the report Birthdays by Organization - RPT1115 to get a list of birthdays coming up in the next year for workers in your organization. Note: The report only returns month and day to keep viewers from determining workers' ages. To find more reports, access UT Custom Reports Search - RPT0961 in Workday, also known as the Report of Reports.
How do I fix the Workday error Costing Allocation Dates not valid for Funding Period Dates?
Refer to the entry Costing Allocation Dates Not Valid for Funding Period Dates in the askUS Knowledge Base for help. For more information about funding period errors and how to avoid them, continue reading Funding Period Errors Explained.
askUS Self-Paced Learning
askUS Self-Paced Learning allows users to access training at their own pace and convenience.
- Workday Fundamentals provides an introduction to Workday for individuals who hold Workday Security Roles that support workers or an analyst role with the ability to view data.
- Financial Fundamentals is the best starting place for anyone new to UT financial systems, whether they're an initiator, approver, or viewer of financial-related data.
Both courses teach concepts at an entry-level while allowing experienced users to review specific topics.
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (ILT) courses will return this fall.
askUS Release Notes
The weekly askUS Release Notes email provides information about improvements, fixes, known issues, and guidance for UT's HR/Payroll and Financial systems. Subscribe to receive release notes via email.