At the end of each month, time entry for the month that is 3 months earlier will be locked. Once a period locks, only Timekeepers and Central HR will be able to enter or adjust time in the locked period. The Prior Period Mass Advance of Time to the Timekeeper runs at least one week before the last day of the month when the prior period lock happens. See the Schedule and Important Dates at the end of this article.
- Time that is mass advanced to the Timekeeper:
- Unsubmitted time if time passes all critical validations (no errors)
- Submitted, In Progress time not sitting with the Timekeeper
- Unapproved time that is mass advanced to Successfully Completed:
- Any time submitted by a Timekeeper
- A Timekeeper’s own time if it passes all critical validations
- Time that is NOT included in the mass advance:
- Weeks with no time entered
- Unsubmitted time that does not pass all critical validations (has errors)
- Submitted, In Progress Time sitting with the Timekeeper
- Time Off Requests through Absence
Prior Period Mass Advance of Time Pre & Post Guidance
- Use the following reports to monitor your College, School, or Unit (CSU) for time completion. For your convenience and to ensure that all workers with outstanding time are captured, these reports are run weekly and saved on UT Box at https://utexas.box.com/s/gutc3ax3gelzvomzozntkyzc58owoug4
|Status of Time Week / Time Event||Report Name||Details|
|No time entered / Missing||No Timesheet Entered Report - RPT0153 (see Box folder below)||This report returns one week at a time. All weeks for the upcoming prior period lock are saved to Box.|
|Unsubmitted / Created||Unsubmitted Time and Time Off Report - RPT0235 (see Box folder below)||This report returns six weeks at a time and all weeks for the upcoming prior period lock are saved to Box.|
|In Progress / Pending
Successfully Completed / Final Approved
|In Progress and Approved Time Events - RPT0791||Run this report to view submitted time events.|
|Deleted Time Blocks||Timesheet Status Detail – RPT0378||Run this report as a final check for deleted time blocks that need to be submitted. Approved time blocks that are then deleted create unsubmitted time. This scenario does not appear on the Unsubmitted Time report.|
- Reviewing the UT Box Reports
- Link: https://utexas.box.com/s/gutc3ax3gelzvomzozntkyzc58owoug4
- No Timesheet Entered Report - RPT0153
- Use columns H-I to filter by your CSU and/or Supervisory Org
- Use column M to filter by Pay Rate Type (Hourly or Salary)
- Unsubmitted Time and Time Off Report - RPT0235
- Use columns J-K to filter by your CSU and/or Supervisory Org
- Use column O to filter by Pay Rate Type (Hourly or salary)
- Fresh runs of the reports will be uploaded weekly, typically on Wednesdays
- When these reports are run by a CSU, they may not accurately report on transferred workers or workers who terminated from a sup org that is now inactive. Please use the Box versions of these reports for accurate reporting.
- Check for any missing or unsubmitted time that did not get mass advanced.
- Review, correct, and approve the time.
The Prior Period Mass Advance of Time process will run at least one week before the period locks.
Note: The Nov-2020 dates have been rescheduled to March, along with Dec-2020, in response to the University closure due to severe weather in mid-February.
to be Locked
|Mass Advance Date||Lock Date|