Workday is The University of Texas at Austin's system for human capital management and payroll (HCM/Payroll).
What is Workday?
Workday is a cloud-based application that will service human resources and payroll for the university. Many universities are adopting Workday because of its ease of use, the flexibility the system provides, focus on providing functionality specific to higher education, and the collaborative nature of the functionality design process.
Workday has a modern interface and delivers services over the Internet. Workday stores everything in the cloud, eliminating the need to store and protect data locally. While we cannot customize the software to be unique to the university, Workday has many options to reflect our preferred business processes and functionality.
Workday also provides us the opportunity to work collaboratively with other higher education clients to develop functionality to suit the unique needs of higher education. This means Workday allows the flexibility and room to grow.
Workday will improve our administrative procedures with modern systems that will meet our business needs now and for decades to come.
-President Gregory L. Fenves, State of the University Address, Sept. 13, 2018
Benefits of Workday
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Software and data are delivered to users over the Internet. Sometimes referred to as “cloud” application services, there is no local installation of hardware or software, and Workday is responsible for infrastructure and security.
- Focus on Higher Education: Along with other clients, the university is an active participant in shaping the future of Workday’s higher education services.
- Mobile Capability: Users can perform their necessary HR and payroll actions on the go using a smart phone or tablet.
- Improved Reporting: Workday will provide reliable data and reporting capabilities, giving supervisors and unit leadership a better view of information they need to make important decisions for their units.
- Collaboration: All of Workday’s 1200+ clients are using the same version of thesoftware, resulting in a community with unprecedented levels of communication and collaboration.
- Compatibility:Workday uses web services that willintegrate with other university applications or third-party applications we may add in the future
Universities that are using Workday or currently implementing Workday include:
- Arizona State University
- Brown University
- Cornell University
- Georgetown University
- Georgia Tech University
- Iowa State University
- Louisiana State University
- New York University
- Penn State University
- Texas A&M System
- The Ohio State University
- University of Miami
- University of Rochester
- University of Southern California
- University of Washington
- Yale University