Workday will be The University of Texas at Austin's new system for human capital management and payroll (HCM/Payroll). Led by the Associate Vice President of Administrative Systems Modernization, Dana Chapman, Workday is currently being implemented by the Workday Implementation Program team. The system is set to go live on campus in November 2018.
What is Workday?
Workday is a new generation of cloud-based applications that will service human resources and payroll for the university. Many universities are adopting Workday because of its ease of use, the flexibility the system provides, low cost of ownership, focus on providing functionality specific to higher education, and the collaborative nature of the functionality design process.
Workday has a modern interface and delivers services over the Internet. Workday stores everything in the cloud, eliminating the need to store and protect data locally. While we cannot customize the software to be unique to the university, Workday has many options to reflect our preferred business processes and functionality.
Workday also provides us the opportunity to work collaboratively with other higher education clients to develop functionality to suit the unique needs of higher education. This means Workday allows the flexibility and room to grow.
Benefits of Workday
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Software and data are delivered to users over the Internet. Sometimes referred to as “cloud” application services, there is no local installation of hardware or software, and Workday is responsible for infrastructure and security.
- Focus on Higher Education: Along with other clients, the university is an active participant in shaping the future of Workday’s higher education services.
- Mobile Capability: Userscan perform theirnecessary HR and payrollactions on the go using aphone or tablet.
- Improved Reporting: Workday will provide reliable data and reporting capabilities, giving supervisors and unit leadership a better view of information they need to make important decisions for their units.
- Collaboration: All of Workday’s 1200+ clients are using the same version of thesoftware, resulting in a community with unprecedented levels of communication and collaboration.
- Compatibility:Workday uses web services that willintegrate with other university applications or third-party applications we may add in the future
Universities that are using Workday or currently implementing Workday include:
- Arizona State University
- Brown University
- Cornell University
- Georgetown University
- Georgia Tech University
- Iowa State University
- Louisiana State University
- New York University
- Penn State University
- Texas A&M System
- The Ohio State University
- University of Miami
- University of Rochester
- University of Southern California
- University of Washington
- Yale University