This page collects links to commonly used help, guidance, training, and other resources for UT’s HR/Payroll and Financial systems into one convenient location. We hope you can use this information to find the help or training you need. If you don't find what you’re looking for you can always contact askUS Support for assistance.
The askUS Knowledge Base is a searchable FAQ (frequently asked questions) covering many university-wide systems, policies, and processes. The askUS Knowledge Base is the best place to start when you have a question. Answers in this regularly-updated repository often include links to relevant training materials or other resources. Learn how to get the most out of your askUS search by checking out these askUS Search Tips.
The askUS Answers! video series provides tips, tricks, and other helpful information to help you improve your experience using UT’s HR/Payroll and Financial systems. Created in a quick, engaging format, with most videos taking less than 90 seconds of your time.
- News – The News section of the website contains timely information, updates, and links to resources on a variety of topics.
- News from askUS (Newsletter) – News from askUS (newsletter), published biweekly, shares news and information, including upcoming events, training, reminders, and tips useful to users of UT's HR/Payroll and Financial Systems. You can subscribe to receive the newsletter via email.
- askUS Release Notes – The weekly askUS Release Notes email provides information about improvements, fixes, known issues, and guidance for UT's HR/Payroll and Financial systems. Subscribe to receive release notes via email.
- Employee Resources (Workday) – Training resources and guidance for employees, including student employees and faculty. Topics include getting started with Workday, time entry, benefits, and information about completing other employee tasks in Workday. Visit the Employee Resources page.
- Manager Resources (Workday) – Training resources and guidance for managers, including students and faculty who manage staff. Visit the Manager Resources page.
- Training and Guidance for Workday Security Role Holders (HR Pro) – Resouces and guidance for those who hold Workday Security Roles that support workers or have analyst roles with the ability to view data. Visit the Training landing page.
- Financial Training Resources – Training resources and guidance for financial systems and processes including *DEFINE, FRMS, Travel, and Departmental Accounting. Visit the Financial Training Resources page on the AFM website.
askUS Self-Paced Learning is a series of courses designed for users to complete at their own pace and convenience. Each course focuses on specific topics or areas of work.
- Workday Fundamentals – This course is designed for individuals who have been assigned Workday Security Roles that support workers or have analyst roles with the ability to view data. The lessons in this course are designed specifically to teach the foundational concepts of the system at an entry level. For more information, visit the Workday Fundamentals page.
- Financial Fundamentals – This course is intended for anyone new to UT financial systems, whether you are a document initiator, approver, or viewer of financial-related data. The lessons in this course are designed to teach the foundational concepts of UT financial systems. For more information, visit the Financial Fundamentals page.
- askUS Instructor-Led Training (ILT) courses primarily focus on Workday and cover a wide range of topics aimed at both beginner and advanced participants. For a complete schedule of ILT courses, visit the Upcoming Instructor-Led Training (ILT) events list.
- Financial Systems Training Sessions cover financial-related topics including Electronic Office Management (EOM), *DEFINE, and accounting basics. These sessions are typically open all and do not require pre-registration.
- Workday Reporting – Resources and training to help you find and use reports in Workday and related systems.
- Searchable Campus Reports List (Excel) – This spreadsheet allows you to search and sort when looking for Workday reports using categories and keywords.
- Financial Reports Landing Page – Contains links to Salary & Payroll reports, such as Allocation Details, and General Accounting Reports, including the Detailed Account Balances (GB2) report.
- Financial Transaction Guidance – Links to financial reports guidance documentation.
- Electronic Office Management (EOM)
- Signature Desk
- UT Market
- TXShop – TXShop information page