Workday Fundamentals is the first course in the askUS Self-Paced Learning series and replaces the in-person, Instructor Lead Training (ILT) introductory class. This course is designed for individuals who have been assigned Workday Security Roles that support workers or have analyst roles with the ability to view data. The lessons below are designed specifically to teach the foundational concepts of the system at an entry level. Experienced Workday users may find this information useful as a knowledge refresher.
- Begin by watching the Course Introduction Video, with the accompanying Course Introduction Overview which describes the course layout.
- Review the Course Syllabus which provides instructions and details about the components of this course.
- When you have completed steps 1 and 2, proceed to the lessons below. You may work through each lesson at your own pace and convenience.
Lessons will either be in Video or Narrated PowerPoint format.
- Each lesson being approximately 5 minutes
- Five Learning Review questions at the end of each lesson with self-graded review to check lesson comprehension
- One Learning Exercise for knowledge application
1. Navigation: Home Page – Overview
2. Navigation: Workday Applications
4. Staffing Models
5. Security Roles
6. Business Processes & Approval Routing
7. Navigation: Home Page – Search
8. Navigation: Home Page – Inbox & Notification
9. Navigation: Home Page – Main Menu
10. Worker Type
11. Employee & Contingent Worker Type
12. Navigation: Worker Profile
13. Navigation: Learning Resources
Comprehensive Learning Review
The Learning Review provides the opportunity to validate your knowledge and obtain course credit in UTLearn upon completion of all the lessons.