Financial Fundamentals is intended for anyone new to UT financial systems, whether you are a document initiator, approver, or viewer of financial-related data. The lessons in this course are designed to teach the foundational concepts of UT financial systems. While course content is presented for an entry-level audience, experienced users may find individual lessons helpful as a knowledge refresher.
Who should take this course?
Anyone who holds authorization in the Electronic Office Management system to perform any of the following
- Create financial-related documents
- Approve financial-related documents
- View financial-related data
- Review the Course Syllabus which provides instructions and details about the components of this course.
- Proceed to the lessons below. You may work through each lesson at your own pace and convenience.
Lessons are in Narrated PowerPoint or Video format.
- PowerPoint lessons are hosted in UT Box. Each PowerPoint file includes voice narration and narration text.
- Videos are hosted on MS Stream and accessed with the same credentials you use to access other UT Microsoft/Office365 resources. Each video includes a transcript and optional closed captioning.
- Learning Review questions are a self-graded review to check lesson comprehension
- Learning Exercises for knowledge application
1. Account Structures
2. Transactions and Documents
4. Units and Organizations
6. UT Austin Applications
7. *DEFINE Basics
- Log In/Off the Mainframe Application
- Lesson – Video (2:52)
- *DEFINE Navigation
- Lesson – Video (7:48)
- Learning Exercise