At the end of each month, time entry for the month that is 3 months earlier will be locked. Once a period locks, only Timekeepers and Central HR will be able to enter or adjust time in the locked period. The Prior Period Mass Advance of Time to the Timekeeper runs at least one week before the last day of the month when the prior period lock happens. See the Schedule and Important Dates at the end of this article.
- Time that is mass advanced to the Timekeeper:
- Unsubmitted time if time passes all critical validations (no errors)
- Submitted, In Progress time not sitting with the Timekeeper
- Unapproved time that is mass advanced to Successfully Completed:
- Any time submitted by a Timekeeper
- A Timekeeper’s own time if it passes all critical validations
- Time that is NOT included in the mass advance:
- Weeks with no time entered
- Unsubmitted time that does not pass all critical validations (has errors)
- Submitted, In Progress Time sitting with the Timekeeper
- Time Off Requests through Absence
Prior Period Mass Advance of Time Pre & Post Guidance
Use the following reports to monitor your College, School, or Unit (CSU) for timesheet completion.
- Run the In Progress and Approved Time Events - RPT0791 report in Workday to view submitted time events.
- Run the Timesheet Status Detail – RPT0378 report in Workday as a final check for deleted time blocks that need to be submitted. Approved time blocks that are then deleted create unsubmitted time. This scenario does not appear on RPT1016.
- Run the Timesheet Completion Report for Workers - RPT1016 report in Workday to monitor timesheet completion, submission, and approval for workers you support. View guidance for RPT1016.
- Check for any missing or unsubmitted time that did not get mass advanced.
- Review, correct, and approve the time.
The Prior Period Mass Advance of Time process will run at least one week before the period locks.
|Period to be Locked||Mass Advance Date||Lock Date|