The semi-monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time to the Timekeeper will run at 3 p.m. on the semi-monthly payroll deadline to give Timekeepers until the 5 p.m. payroll deadline to approve. All time recorded on hourly positions within the mass advance period that is awaiting manager approval will be advanced to the Timekeeper.
- Time is Not Submitted – The hours are entered on dates within the mass advance period, but are not submitted. Hours must be submitted in order to be advanced. Only hours that are in Submitted status will be advanced to the Timekeeper.
- Time is not waiting for manager approval – The hours are entered on dates within the mass advance period but are waiting on approval from someone other than the employee’s manager. We will not advance time that is in the inbox of the employee, Time Associate, or Timekeeper.
- Dates outside of the mass advance period - If all submitted time for the week falls outside of the mass advance period, the time will not be mass advanced. If any submitted time for the week is within the mass advance period, the entire week will be advanced to the Timekeeper, including any hours that fall outside of the mass advance period.
- Hours recorded on an hourly position in University Housing and Dining – Due to integrations specific to University Housing and Dining (UHD), hours on hourly positions within UHD will not be mass advanced.
Semi-monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time to the Timekeeper Pre & Post Guidance
- Remind hourly employees and their managers of the upcoming semi-monthly payroll deadlines so that all hours get submitted and approved and the employees are paid on time.
- Run the In Progress and Approved Time Events - RPT0791 report in Workday to identify in-progress (submitted) time events that are awaiting approval. Encourage the approvers to review and approve the time in their inbox.
- Run the Time Events Included in Mass Advance - RPT0792 report to review the time that was advanced to the Timekeeper.
- Timekeepers: Review and approve hourly time in their inbox before the 5 p.m. deadline.
The semi-monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time process will run on the semi-monthly payroll deadline at 3 p.m.
|Semi-Monthly Period||Date and Time of Mass Advance of Hourly Time to Timekeeper||Date and Time of Semi-Monthly Payroll Deadline for Hourly Time|
|8/1 - 8/15/2020||8/18/2020 at 3:00 p.m.||8/18/2020 at 5 p.m.|
|8/16 - 8/31/2020||9/2/2020 at 3:00 p.m.||9/2/2020 at 5 p.m.|
|9/1 - 9/15/2020||9/17/2020 at 3:00 p.m.||9/17/2020 at 5 p.m.|
|9/16 - 9/30/2020||10/2/2020 at 3:00 p.m.||10/2/2020 at 5:00 p.m.|
|10/1 - 10/15/2020||10/19/2020 at 3 p.m.||10/19/2020 at 5 p.m.|
|10/16 - 10/31/2020||11/3/2020 at 3 p.m.||11/3/2020 at 5 p.m.|
|11/1 - 11/15/2020||11/17/2020 at 3 p.m.||11/17/2020 at 5 p.m.|
|11/16 - 11/30/2020||12/2/2020 at 3 p.m.||12/2/2020 at 5 p.m.|
|12/1 - 12/15/2020||12/17/2020 at 3 p.m.||12/17/2020 at 5 p.m.|
|12/16 - 12/31/2020||1/5/2021 at 3 p.m.||1/5/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|1/1 - 1/15/2021||1/19/2021 at 3 p.m.||1/19/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|1/16 - 1/31/2021||2/2/2021 at 3 p.m.||2/2/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|2/1 - 2/15/2021||2/17/2021 at 3 p.m.||2/17/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|2/16 - 2/29/2021||3/2/2021 at 3 p.m.||3/2/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|3/1 - 3/15/2021||3/17/2021 at 3 p.m.||3/17/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|3/16 - 3/31/2021||4/2/2021 at 3 p.m.||4/2/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|4/1 - 4/15/2021||4/19/2021 at 3 p.m.||4/19/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|4/16 - 4/30/2021||5/4/2021 at 3 p.m.||5/4/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|5/1 - 5/15/2021||5/18/2021 at 3 p.m.||5/18/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|5/16 - 5/31/2021||6/2/2021 at 3 p.m.||6/2/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|6/1 - 6/15/2021||6/17/2021 at 3 p.m.||6/17/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|6/16 - 6/30/2021||7/2/2021 at 3 p.m.||7/2/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|7/1 - 7/15/2021||7/19/2021 at 3 p.m.||7/19/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|7/16 - 7/31/2021||8/4/2021 at 3 p.m.||8/4/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|8/1 - 8/15/2021||8/18/2021 at 3 p.m.||8/18/2021 at 5 p.m.|
|8/16 - 8/31/2021||9/2/2021 at 10 a.m.||9/2/2021 at Noon|