Next Run Date: June 11, 2020
The monthly Mass End Additional Job/Termination process will run on June 11, 2020, for all fixed-term employees and non-employees positions with an End Employment Date on or before May 31, 2020. To prepare, CSUs should run the Mass End Employment Date Audit - RPT0741 report in Workday.
The monthly Mass End Additional Job/Termination process will run for all fixed-term employees and non-employees positions with an End Employment Date on or before the last day of the prior month. The effective date of the mass process will be equal to the End Employment Date on the position. In addition, if there is an Academic Appointment associated with the position, it will be ended.
Academic Appointments - Only Primary, Joint, and Administrative Academic Appointments will be ended with their associated position. Courtesy, Endowment, Affiliate, and Emeritus Academic Appointments will not be ended as part of this process.
Positions that have time blocks after their end employment date - If a time block exists (Unsubmitted, Submitted, In Progress, or Final Approved), an end job or termination will not be processed. The time block could indicate that the employee worked after their end employment date, and therefore, the End Employment Date should be extended.
Position has Completed BP with Effective Date after End Employment Date - Business processes with an effective date after the End Employment Date could indicate that the worker’s relationship to the University should continue and therefore the end employment date should be extended.
Positions where a Switch Primary is required - The Primary Job has an End Employment Date in the past, but additional jobs that are still active with End Employment Dates in the future.
- In Progress Transaction(s) - Any positions that have in-progress staffing transactions (Switch Primary, Add Job, End Additional Job, Change Job, Termination).
Monthly Mass End Job/Termination Pre & Post Guidance
- Run the Mass End Employment Date Audit - RPT0741 report in Workday to identify which positions will be included in this mass process. The report returns currently active positions that have an end employment date that is on or prior to the date entered in the Comparison End Employment Date report field.
- The Comparison End Employment Date should be the last day of the previous month. Refer to the Schedule and Important Dates section below to identify which date should be used for each Process Month.
- The Indicator column indicates if the position will be ended
- Will be Ended - Indicates the position will be included in the mass process
- Will Attempt to End - Indicates that the position has an in-progress transaction or has a completed transaction with an effective date after the End Employment Date at the time the report was run.
- Manual Intervention Required – Indicates that the position has a time block after the End Employment Date or a Switch Primary Job is needed. The CSU must take action before the mass process will end or terminate the position.
- Extend the End Employment Date for any positions in the report that should not be ended or terminated by this process.
- Process any Change Jobs, Add Jobs, and/or Switch Primary Jobs for impacted positions prior to the CSU Transaction Processing Deadline. (Refer to the Schedule and Important Dates section for the exact date.)
- Delete or process any time blocks as appropriate/if applicable.
- Run the Mass End Employment Date Audit Report (RPT0741) to validate that positions were ended or terminated as expected; they will no longer appear in the report.
- Manually process outstanding necessary End Additional Jobs and Terminations.
- Costing Allocations can be processed in Workday on positions that have been ended or terminated.
To make changes to Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- To Increase Scheduled Weekly Hours on a job that was ended when the worker’s primary job is still active, process a Add Additional Job for the additional hours.
- To Decrease Scheduled Weekly Hours on any job that was processed in the Mass process, follow the Rescind Transaction Guidance.
- To make any changes to Scheduled Weekly Hours on a worker that was terminated, the Termination will need to be rescinded, following the Rescind Transaction Guidance, before other changes can be made.
- Afterward, process the End Additional Job or Termination as appropriate or extend the End Employment Date.
- If a transaction generated by this process needs to be rescinded, contact email@example.com following the Rescind Transaction Guidance.
The monthly Mass End Job/Termination process will run on the 6th business day of the month with a few noted *exceptions.
|Process Month (2019-2020)||CSU Transaction Processing Deadline||Comparison End Employment Date||Mass Process Run Date|
|October 2019||10/04/19 @ noon||09/30/19||10/08/19|
|November 2019||11/06/19 @ noon||10/31/19||11/08/19|
|December 2019||12/05/19 @ noon||11/30/19||12/09/19|
|January 2020||01/07/20 @ noon||12/31/19||01/09/20|
|February 2020||02/06/20 @ noon||01/31/20||02/10/20|
|March 2020||03/05/20 @ noon||02/29/20||03/09/20|
|April 2020||04/06/20 @ noon||03/31/20||04/08/20|
|May 2020||05/06/20 @ noon||04/30/20||05/08/20|
|June 2020||06/09/20 @ noon||05/31/20||06/11/20|
|July 2020||07/06/20 @ noon||06/30/20||07/08/20|
|August 2020||08/06/20 @ noon||07/31/20||08/10/20|
|September 2020||09/04/20 @ noon||08/31/20||09/08/20|
|October 2020||10/06/20 @ noon||09/30/20||10/08/20|
|November 2020||11/05/20 @ noon||10/31/20||11/09/20|
|December 2020||12/04/20 @ noon||11/30/20||12/08/20|