In This Issue:
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Fiscal Year-End Resources
- Preparing for Fall 2023 Resources
- Reporting Resources
- You asked US! – Answers to Common Questions
- Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor-Led
- askUS Release Notes
Important Dates and Deadlines
Friday, July 28, at 5 p.m. – Performance Appraisal Mass Transaction Process submission window closes.
Monday, July 31 – Mass End Employment Date Extension Process submission window opens.
Wednesday, August 2 at 3 p.m. – Semi-Monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time for June 16-30.
Friday, August 4 at 5 p.m. – Non-Tenure Track Faculty Mass Transactions submission window closes.
Wednesday, August 9 at noon – CSU Transaction Processing Deadline for the Monthly Mass EAJ/Term Process, which runs Friday, August 11.
Thursday, August 17 at 3 p.m. – Semi-Monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time for July 1-15.
Monday, August 21, at 5 p.m. – Workday — Monthly Employees — Business Process Routing Deadline for the September 1 payday.
Wednesday, August 23, at 5 p.m. – Voucher processing deadline for all VP documents.
Wednesday, August 23, at 5 p.m. – Workday — Monthly Employees — One-Time Payment Routing and HCM Final Approval Deadline for the September 1 payday.
Wednesday, August 23, at 5 p.m. – Scholarship Voucher (SS1) processing deadline.
Thursday, August 24 at 1 p.m. – Prior Period Mass Advance of Time for the April 2023 time-entry lock on August 31.
Tuesday, August 29 – Submission deadline for UT Market orders (PBUs) over $15k
Wednesday, August 30 at noon – CSU Transaction Processing Deadline for the September Academic Graduate Student (AGS) Mass EAJ/Term Process, which runs on Friday, September 1.
Wednesday, August 30, at 5 p.m. – Workday — Hourly Employees — Business Process Routing Deadlinefor the September 7 payday.
Thursday, August 31 at noon – Deadline for completion of Costing Allocation Changes for FY 22-23.
Thursday, August 31 – Submission deadline for Prime Source (PBUs, PBOs) under $15k.
Thursday, August 31 – Faculty deadline for submitting Salary Spread Request Form to Payroll Services.
Friday, September 1, at 5 p.m. – Workday – Hourly Employees – One-Time Payment Routing and HCM Final Approval Deadline for the September 7 payday.
Fiscal Year-End Resources
The askUS Knowledge Base provides resources to help ensure a smooth transition from Fiscal Year 2022-23 to 2023-24. Available FYE resources include:
- Fiscal Year-End Resources – Links to commonly used FYE resources in the askUS Knowledge Base.
- Processing Deadlines for Fiscal Year-End 2022-23 – A collection of FYE deadlines covering voucher processing, purchasing, scholarship processing, inventory, payroll deadlines, and more.
- Tips for the New Fiscal Year 2022-2023 – A collection of tips to help *DEFINE users move from FY 2022-23 to 2023-24.
- Encumbrance Availability Update for 2023-24 – Workday will post salary and fringe information for 2023-2024 to DEFINE on September 7.
- Introduction to the Fiscal Year-End Process (pptx) – Presentation for members of the UT community who are new to the FYE process.
Preparing for Fall 2023 Resources
The Preparing for Fall 2023 webpage contains important dates and resources to assist departments in preparing for HR processing in support of the upcoming fall semester. Topics covered include mass processes, academic and student employment, onboarding, reporting, and training.
- Extend AGS Employees Before the AGS Mass Termination Process.
- Avoid potential issues by using Change Job to extend positions.
- Mass Process Submissions Require CSU Approvals via DocuSign.
Mass Processes Fall 2023
- The Performance Appraisal Mass Transaction Process submission window closes Friday, July 28, at 5:00 p.m.
- The Non-Tenure Track (NTT) Faculty Mass Process submission window closes on Friday, August 4, at 5:00 p.m.
- The Mass End Employment Date Extension Process runs from Monday, July 31, to Wednesday, September 6, at noon.
- Report of Reports Now Available in Workday – Workday users can now use UT Custom Reports Search - RPT0961 to search for custom reports accessible based on the roles they hold in Workday.
- Helpful Reports List for Semester Start – An annotated list of reports to help offices prepare for semester startup employment processing and information review.
- Financial Reports Landing Page – Links to Salary and Payroll reports, such as Allocation Details and General Accounting Reports, including the Detailed Account Balances (GB2) report.
- Financial Transaction Guidance – Links to financial reports guidance documentation.
You asked US! – Answers to Common Questions
Why can't my new employee log in to Workday and begin onboarding?
The Hire process must be final approved and Onboarding launched before a new employee can log into Workday to begin onboarding. Once they can access Workday, the Onboarding Workday Process Overview (WPO) will help you and your new employee know which tasks they can perform before their first day of work. For more information, continue reading Onboarding Gotchas that can Trip-up Future-dated Hires.
Who can copy a department's code scheme into the next fiscal year?
Only an electronic office manager or delegate can copy code schemes. For more information on performing this task, continue reading Copying Department Code Schemes.
We hired a worker for a position, but they ended up not starting. What do I do?
How do I use DEFINE across the fiscal year?
If you move back and forth between the old and new fiscal year, pay attention to the year shown in the DEFINE command line. You can switch between fiscal years by changing the year in the command line. If you have trouble viewing information or performing a particular task, double-check the fiscal year to ensure you use the correct one. To learn more about using DEFINE during the fiscal year change-over, continue reading Tips for the New Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor-Led
askUS Self-Paced Learning allows users to access training at their own pace and convenience.
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (ILT) courses are held via Zoom and require registration through UTLearn.
- August 8-9 – Workday Hire and Onboarding
- September 5-6 – Workday Hire and Onboarding
- September 12-13 – Workday Costing (Basics)
- September 19-20 – Workday Changes During Employment
- September 26-27 – Workday Recruiting
Visit the Upcoming Instructor-Led Training (ILT) events list for a complete schedule of available ILT courses.
askUS Release Notes
The weekly askUS Release Notes email provides information about improvements, fixes, known issues, and guidance for UT's HR/Payroll and Financial systems. Subscribe to receive release notes via email.