Training, guidance, and tools for Cost Center Managers, Financial Analysts, and University HCM Fiscal Analysts.
Key : WIG - Workday Instructional Guide WPO - Workday Process Overview
Change Organization Assignments & Assign Costing Allocation
The Job Costing Tool is designed to estimate compensation charges and resulting costing allocation distribution percentages or amounts based on Workday's payroll actual calculations.
- Working days will include UT holidays by default (benefits-eligible). To adjust Working days to exclude UT holidays, select the Benefits Ineligible rate from the Fringe % dropdown field. These details and more are available in the Header tab of the tool.
- The Job Costing Excel spreadsheets use advanced features that are not available when viewed in Box or via Excel Online. To make use of these features, download the file to your computer and then open with Excel.
Workday Financial Transaction Guidance Highlights
Find more information on the Workday Financial Transaction Guidance page.
- Guidance for Prior Year Fiscal Funding Changes provides information on processing prior year changes in Workday on non-26 accounts
- *DEFINE Codes Cheat Sheet
- Guidance for Costing for Compensation Plans with Mid-Month End Dates
- Mid-Month Encumbrance Issue Scenarios
- Guidance for Funding Changes during Long Session with Salary Spread
Allocation Details provides allocation amounts for salaried employees that can be viewed by EID, account number, and unit. It combines Workday compensation plans, costing allocations, scheduled weekly hours, payroll actuals and encumbrances with unit data from DEFINE.
Mainly utilized during the university's Budget season. These documents provide guidance to view or update Position Restrictions Costing Allocation and Budgeted FTE. This applies to filled and vacant positions.