In This Issue:
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Upcoming Advanced EOM Training Sessions
- Where to Find the Financial Reports You Need
- Answers to Common Questions Recently Received by askUS Support
- Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor-Led
- askUS Release Notes
Important Dates and Deadlines
Monday, October 19, 2020 @ 3 p.m. – Time will advance to Timekeepers as part of the Semi-Monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time process for the 10/1/20 - 10/15/20 time period.
Friday, October 23, 2020 @ 1 p.m. – Mass Advance of unsubmitted and in-progress time from May and June 2020 to Timekeepers for review/approval.
Saturday, October 31, 2020 @ 10 p.m. – Prior Period Time Entry Lock for May and June 2020.
Tuesday, November 3, 2020 @ 3 p.m. – Time will advance to Timekeepers as part of the Semi-Monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time process for the 10/16/20 - 10/31/20 time period.
Thursday, November 5, 2020 @ noon – CSU Transaction Processing Deadline for the September Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process.
Friday, November 6, 2020 – October 2020 Close (Accounting).
Monday, November 9, 2020 by noon – Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process runs for all fixed-term employees and non-employees positions with an End Employment Date on or before October 31, 2020.
Upcoming Advanced EOM Training Sessions
This October, we are offering two new Electronic Office Management (EOM) training sessions for experienced EOM managers. Classes will cover the Dean/VP and Processing Office perspectives in detail. Both sessions require registration via UTLearn and are limited to registrants who meet prerequisites.
EOM Advanced - Dean/VP Office Perspective – October 21, 9-11 a.m.
This session covers Dean/VP authority with an emphasis on Dean/VP routing. The session will also cover basic Routing Profiles (UF1), Special Authorizations, Electronic Reports, and other resources.
EOM Advanced – Processing Offices Perspective – October 28, 9-10:30 a.m.
This session covers processing units with an emphasis on Processing routing. The session will also discuss routing profiles (UF1) in terms of processing routing.
For more information and registration links, visit Financial Systems Training Sessions.
Where to Find the Financial Reports You Need
To assist those in financial roles across campus find the reports they need, we have put together a list of our top 3 financial reporting resources to save and share.
- Financial Reports Landing Page – Contains links to Salary & Payroll reports, such as Allocation Details, as well as General Accounting Reports, including the Detailed Account Balances (GB2) report.
- Financial Transaction Guidance – Links to guidance documentation to help users learn how to use the updated financial reports.
- Workday Job Costing Dashboard – Cost Center Managers can add the Job Costing dashboard to their Workday homepage to get quick access to Costing reports, guidance, and other resources. (Learn how to add dashboards in Workday)
Answers to Common Questions Recently Received by askUS Support
When can I attach documentation to a business process in Workday?
As long as you have access to the business process, adding and removing files can be performed until the business process event is final approved. If you need to add or replace a document after final approval, you will need to contact Operational Support for assistance. For more information about attaching documents to business processes in Workday, continue reading Attaching Documentation to a Business Process in the askUS Knowledge Base.
I received the message, “Document summary should be loading,” in FRMS, but nothing loads. What do I do?
Document summaries not loading in some circumstances is a known issue currently under investigation by our FRMS team. Until the issue is resolved, trying one of the following options should allow you to view documents properly.
- Switch browsers and continue your work there. (If using Chrome, try Firefox or vice-versa)
- Clear cookies and re-login on your current browser.
I have faculty questions. Should I contact askUS or APS?
If you are ever uncertain, contact askUS! We are happy to help or direct you to the right resource. There are some cases when contacting Academic Personnel Services (APS) is your best option to save time. These cases typically involve questions regarding faculty hiring, payments, or promotions. You may also be able to answer some questions using existing training materials. If you have questions about one-time payments, consult the Faculty Additional Employment Decision Tree. The new Compensation Proration – Workday Process Overview (WPO) can help with questions about handling prorated compensation and allowances. To learn more about Workday processing for faculty positions, see the Academic Employment training materials page.
Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor-Led
askUS Self-Paced Learning allows users to engage in training lessons and exercises at their own pace and convenience. (No registration required to begin learning.)
- Workday for Security Partners is intended for those assigned the Security Partner role in Workday. More information
- Workday Fundamentals is designed for individuals who have a Workday security role that supports workers or an analyst role with the ability to view data. More information
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (ILT) courses are held via Zoom video conferencing to support the Workday users’ continued learning needs. (Requires registration via UTLearn.)
Virtual ILT Schedule
- October 21 (9-11 a.m.) – Advanced Electronic Office Management (EOM) - Dean/VP Perspective
- October 28 (9-10:30 a.m.) – Advanced Electronic Office Management (EOM) - Processing Perspective
- November 10 (9-11:30 a.m.) – Workday Costing Basics
- November 11-12 (9-11 a.m.) – Workday Multiple Jobs & Additional Work (2-part class)
- November 17 (9-11 a.m.) – Workday Candidate Management
askUS Release Notes
The weekly askUS Release Notes email provides information about improvements, fixes, known issues, and guidance for UT’s HR/Payroll and Financial systems. Subscribe to receive release notes via email. Unsure how to subscribe? Check out our quick how-to guide.