In This Issue:
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Mass Term Process Known Issue and Updated Guidance
- Fiscal Year-End Processing Deadlines and Resources
- Fall Mass Processing Submission Windows Now Open
- Preparing for Fall 2020 – Website Update
- Answers to Common Questions Recently Received by askUS Support
- Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor-Led
- askUS Release Notes
Important Dates and Deadlines
Thursday, July 23, 2020 @ 1 p.m. – Mass Advance of January and February 2020 unsubmitted and in-progress time to Timekeepers for review/approval.
Friday, July 31, 2020 @ 10 p.m. – Prior Period Time Entry Lock for January and February 2020.
Tuesday, August 4, 2020 @ 3 p.m. – Time will advance to Timekeepers for the Semi-Monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time process for the 7/16/20 - 7/31/20 time period.
Thursday, August 6, 2020 @ noon – CSU Transaction Processing Deadline for the July Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process guidance.
Friday, August 7, 2020 – Submission window closes for the Non-Tenure Track (NTT) Mass Transaction Process, which will run from July 20 to August 7, 2020.
Friday, August 7, 2020 – Submission deadline for Informal Bidding and Exclusive Acquisition & Existing Contracts. See the Procurement – FY20 Year-End Schedule for more information.
Monday, August 10, 2020 by noon – Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process runs for all fixed-term employees and non-employees positions with an End Employment Date on or before July 31, 2020.
Mass Term Process Known Issue and Updated Guidance
We are working with Workday, Inc. to investigate and resolve an issue affecting the Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process. The issue causes Workday not to block terminations for workers with pending Add Additional Job transactions in certain stages. Until the issue is resolved, do not rely on a pending Add Additional Job to stop the Mass Term process from ending a worker with an end employment date in the past. To prevent a worker from being ended prematurely, be sure to process an extension if the worker is remaining in that job or a Transfer if they are starting a new one using the Change Job Business Process prior to the CSU processing deadline. (The CSU processing deadline for the August Mass Termination process is Thursday, August 6, at noon.)
Fiscal Year-End Processing Deadlines and Resources
As UT nears the Fiscal Year End and crosses over from 19-20 to 20-21, we will begin sharing resources to assist offices across campus with managing their FYE process.
- Overview of The University of Texas at Austin Fiscal Year
- Tips for the New Fiscal Year 2020-2021
- Fiscal Year-End 2019-20 Voucher Processing Deadlines
- Procurement – FY20 Year-End Schedule
Additional dates will be added to the list of Processing Deadlines for Fiscal Year-End 2019-20 as they are made available. Find more resources in the askUS Knowledge Base by searching for Fiscal Year End.
Fall Mass Processing Submission Windows Now Open
In our ongoing effort to reduce the workload of offices across the University during peak processing times, we are offering several mass processing services to assist campus prepare for the fall semester. Submission windows are now open for Student Mass Extension Process and Non-Tenure Track Mass Transaction Process. Guidance for all mass processes being offered is available on the Mass Process Guidance web page. Mass Transaction Submission System (MTSS)
Preparing for Fall 2020 – Website Update
The Preparing for Fall 2020 webpage is now live. The page contains important dates and resources to assist departments as they prepare for the upcoming fall semester. Resources cover Self-paced Learning, Onboarding, Job Costing, as well as Academic and Student employment. We will update this page as new information and materials become available.
Job Costing Tool Updated for Fall 2020
The Job Costing Tool estimates compensation charges and resulting in costing allocation distribution percentages or amounts based on Workday's payroll actual calculations.
- Job Costing Tool
- Example – JCT Faculty Release from Instructional Budget – Percentage Basis
- Example – JCT Hourly Employee including Longevity Pay – Dollar Basis
ICYMI – Salary Spread Guidance
Guidance for Funding Changes during Long Session with Salary Spread – Guidance includes how to proactively and retroactively assign costing so that encumbrances and actuals are charged as intended. For further assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Visit the Job Costing training page for additional guidance and resources.
Answers to Common Questions Recently Received by askUS Support
Is there a way to fill in timesheets a week at a time, instead of entering time blocks for each day?
Yes! For both salaried and hourly workers, the Quick Add feature allows you to enter a week at a time with more flexibility if your schedule changes or you would like to use different time types during the same week, such as Hours Worked and Sick. Continue reading, Save Time When Entering Your Time.
What effective date should I use when performing a stand-alone Change Organization Assignment?
Since updating some of the fields in the stand-alone Change Org Assignment process does not directly affect the worker, it is best to go as far back in time as possible to allow other HR processes to happen unimpeded. Please refer to the Change Organization Assignments - Workday Instructional Guide to find the best practice to follow when entering dates. Continue reading, Change Organization Assignment and Effective Dates.
Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor-Led
askUS Self-Paced Learning allows users to engage in training lessons and exercises at their own pace and convenience. (No registration required to begin learning.)
- Available Monday, August 3! Workday for Security Partners will be available in August for those assigned the Security Partner role in Workday. Security Partners will be able to access detailed course content at their convenience online in our newest self-paced learning offering.
- Workday Fundamentals is designed for individuals who have a Workday security role that supports workers or an analyst role with the ability to view data. The goal of this course is to teach foundational concepts to those new to the system. Experienced Workday users may find the lessons useful as a knowledge refresher. Look for more courses that focus on specific processes and topics later this summer. Continue to Workday Fundamentals
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (ILT) courses are held via Zoom video conferencing to support the Workday users’ continued learning needs. (Requires registration via UTLearn.)
Currently Scheduled Virtual Classroom Courses
- August 11, 9:00-11:00 a.m. – Workday Costing Basics ILT
- August 11, 1:00-2:00 p.m. – Workday Job Costing Tool ILT
- August 12-13, 9:00-11:00 a.m. – Workday Multiple Jobs/Additional Work ILT (2-part class)
- September 8, 9:00-11:00 a.m. – Workday Advanced Costing ILT
- September 9, 9:00-10:00 a.m. – Workday Job Costing Tool ILT
- September 9, 10:15-11:45 a.m. – Workday Costing Approvals ILT
askUS Release Notes
The weekly askUS Release Notes email provides information about improvements, fixes, known issues, and guidance for UT’s HR/Payroll and Financial systems. Subscribe to receive release notes via email. Unsure how to subscribe? Check out our quick how-to guide.