In This Issue:
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Workday Fall Update Coming Saturday, September 11
- Recent Updates to FRMS
- Calling askUS? Learn what to expect
- Answers to Common Questions Recently Received by askUS Support
- ICYMI – Resources for Fiscal Year-End and Fall Start-Up
- Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor-Led
- askUS Release Notes
Important Dates and Deadlines
Thursday, September 2, 2021
- 10 a.m. – Semi-Monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time for 8/16/21 - 8/31/21
- 5 p.m. – Routing deadline for One-Time Payments for Hourly employees. (9/7 payday)
Friday, September 3, 2021
- Noon – Deadline for routing all Interdepartmental Transfer (IDT) vouchers (VT5, VT6, VT7) applicable to FY 20-21 to AFM.
- 2 p.m. – Deadline for routing Requests for Transfers of Funds (VTA, VTC) applicable to FY 20-21 to AFM.
- 5 p.m. – Deadline for placing departmental service dates and codes on FY 20-21 transactions for the roll forward document.
- 5 p.m. – August will close after 5 p.m. Balance forward documents will be processed Sept. 4-6.
Sunday, September 5, 2021, at noon – Salary clearing accounts must be fully allocated by departments and returned to SPAA for final approval.
Tuesday, September 7, 2021 – Salary and fringe encumbrance information for 2021-22 available in *DEFINE.
Wednesday, September 8, 2021, at noon
- Submission window closes for the Mass End Employment Date Extension Process.
- CSU Transaction Processing Deadline for the Monthly Mass EAJ/Term Process, which runs September 10.
Friday, September 10, 2021, at 2 p.m. – Deadline for submitting support for all Departmental entries to AFM.
Thursday, September 17, 2021, at 3 p.m. – Semi-Monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time for 9/1/21 - 9/15/21.
Workday Fall Update Coming Saturday, September 11
On Saturday, September 11, 2021, Workday, Inc. will implement their fall update. The update window may last up to twelve hours, from midnight to noon on September 11. We are encouraging everyone to delay accessing Workday until after the update. For more information about the update window, continue reading Planned Downtime for Workday Fall Update on September 11. For a preview of changes coming to Workday in the fall update, check out What's New in Workday?
Recent Updates to FRMS
- The scholarship creation process now includes the ability to upload supporting documentation.
- The Report incorrect object code link in PBU documents now sends an email to Purchasing with updated information to highlight the issue that needs resolution—that the reported object code is incorrect for the item you are trying to purchase.
- In FRMS Awards, when the document routing widget fails to load, users will now be shown a message with instructions to try a different web browser or clear cache and cookies to cause the routing widget to load.
Calling askUS? Learn what to expect
On August 30, askUS updated the process for handling support requests received by phone. The change only affects 1 in 5 requests currently received by askUS Support. While our phone support model is changing, be assured that our service levels, email support, prioritization process, and hours of operation will remain the same. To learn more, continue reading Calling askUS? What to expect beginning August 30.
Answers to Common Questions Recently Received by askUS Support
How do I convert a *DEFINE document to the new fiscal year?
On September 1, users may begin converting documents in *DEFINE to the new fiscal year by following the steps in the askUS Knowledge Base entry Converting a *DEFINE Document for a New Fiscal Year.
How can I avoid creating duplicate pre-hire records?
When hiring, you must select whether to use an existing pre-hire record or create a new pre-hire. This step is where some people will unintentionally create duplicate pre-hire records. During a hire, you input the name or EID when searching for an existing pre-hire. If you do not find an existing record right away, you might assume the person is NOT in Workday. This is a trap! Continue reading, Avoiding the Duplicate Pre-Hire Trap.
How do I get help with an issue involving object codes?
Object codes are four-digit codes assigned to account transactions for reporting purposes. When an issue or an error involving object codes comes up, searching the askUS Knowledge Base for the error or issue is a good first step and often provides the answer that allows your work to move forward. For examples of common object code issues, continue reading Troubleshooting Object Code Issues.
Why can’t a new worker who starts in two weeks upload their I-9 documents?
While new workers can complete many onboarding tasks before their first day, some tasks depend on the worker’s actual start date. Be sure to communicate this to new workers with future-dated hires so they don’t get tripped up by date-related issues. To learn more, continue reading Onboarding Gotchas that can Trip-up Future-dated Hires.
askUS Support Extended Hours
Through Friday, September 10, askUS Support will be available via phone (512-471-8802) or email (askUS@austin.utexas.edu) from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
ICYMI – Resources for Fiscal Year-End and Fall Start-Up
The Fiscal Year-End Resources entry in the askUS Knowledge Base provides links to fiscal year-end resources, including an overview of the UT fiscal year, processing deadlines, DEFINE tips, Code Schemes, and more.
The Preparing for Fall 2021 webpage contains important dates, links to mass processing guidance, training, and other resources to help processing offices prepare for fall hiring and employment changes.
Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor-Led
askUS Self-Paced Learning allows users to engage in training lessons and exercises at their own pace and convenience. Current offerings include Workday Fundamentals, Workday for Security Partners, and Financial Fundamentals.
- September 7-8 – Workday Hire and Onboarding (2-part class)
- September 14-15 – Workday Costing (Basics) (2-part class)
- September 17 – Workday Nonemployee & Contingent Worker
- September 21-22 – Workday Changes During Employment (2-part class)
- September 28 – Electronic Office Management (EOM) Basics
- September 28-29 – Workday Recruiting (2-part class)
For a complete schedule of classes for Fall 2021, visit the Upcoming Instructor-Led Training (ILT) events list.
askUS Release Notes
The weekly askUS Release Notes email provides information about improvements, fixes, known issues, and guidance for UT's HR/Payroll and Financial systems. Subscribe to receive release notes via email. Unsure how to subscribe? Check out our quick how-to guide. Please subscribe to Release Notes using only your UT email address.