In This Issue:
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- askUS Answers Video Series Premieres
- Recent Workday Updates
- eBITS Releases Latest Roadmap
- Terminology Talk – Academic Appointments
- Answers to Common Questions Recently Received by askUS Support
- ICYMI – FRMS Support for Microsoft’s Internet Explorer Ending
- Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor-Led
- askUS Release Notes
Important Dates and Deadlines
Tuesday, November 2, 2021, at 3 p.m. – Semi-Monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time for 10/16/21 - 10/31/21.
Wednesday, November 3, 2021, at noon – CSU Transaction Processing Deadline for the Monthly Mass EAJ/Term Process, which runs Friday, November 5.
Wednesday, November 17, 2021, at 3 p.m. – Semi-Monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time for 11/1/21 - 11/15/21.
Friday, November 19, 2021, at 1 p.m. – Prior Period Mass Advance of Time for the August 2021 time entry lock on November 30.
askUS Answers Video Series Premieres
The new askUS Answers! video series provides tips, tricks, and other helpful information to help you improve your experience using UT’s HR/Payroll and Financial systems in a quick, engaging format. With most videos taking only 90 seconds of your time, the series is designed for busy people who want to learn how to get the most out of the systems they use each day. The first three videos are available now on the askUS Answers! webpage.
Recent Workday Updates
- Donation and request forms for the new Family Leave Pool are now active in Workday. Instructions for donating to and requesting time from the pool are available on the Family Leave Pool page on the HR website.
- The Candidate Profile in Workday now provides easy access to a summary of candidate qualifications, including education, certifications, credentials, and resume attachment.
- In Workday, the Is this position available for Overlap checkbox now defaults to checked (Yes). This checkbox appears for events where an incumbent employee leaves a position, i.e., Termination, End Job, and Transfer.
- Onboarding for new faculty hires now includes a To-Do step with instructions for uploading documentation to verify their highest degree earned.
To see more updates for UT's HR/Payroll and Financial systems, visit askUS Release Notes.
eBITS Releases Latest Roadmap
Throughout the year, the eBITS team works with central business offices and campus partners on many initiatives, projects, and improvements to systems and services on which the UT community depends. Projects focus on reducing the administrative burden for campus and aligning enterprise systems to UT’s mission and strategic goals. The 2021 Cycle 2 (October 2021 – March 2022) roadmap document is now available on the eBITS Roadmap page.
Terminology Talk – Academic Appointments
Long in use at UT, the term appointment has changed meaning over time which sometimes confuses those who perform staff processing work. This new series hopes to provide insight into some of the common terms we use every day when working with UT’s HR/Payroll and Financial systems to prevent confusion and make it easier when necessary to ask for assistance with confidence. To learn more, continue reading Terminology Talk – Academic Appointments.
Answers to Common Questions Recently Received by askUS Support
Why is my worker unable to set up direct deposit?
To help a worker having trouble setting up their direct deposit, refer to Troubleshooting Direct Deposit Setup in Workday for troubleshooting suggestions. You can also share the Troubleshooting Direct Deposit Setup entry in the askUS Knowledge Base with the worker in question.
Can I cancel a check issued by The University of Texas at Austin?
Yes. Check the askUS Knowledge Base to learn the information you’ll need to provide to Payment Information to cancel a check. The Payment Information office can also help you determine if a check has been issued or if a check has already been cashed.
How do I change a job requisition after posting?
You can make changes to an approved and posted job requisition using the Edit Job Requisition process in Workday. For more information, refer to the Edit Job Requisition – Workday Instructional Guide (WIG).
Can I create a Travel Authorization Request form after travel has occurred?
Yes. You can create a Travel Authorization Request after travel takes place, which will auto-generate a late RTA notice.
ICYMI – FRMS Support for Microsoft’s Internet Explorer Ending
In November, FRMS will end support for Microsoft’s Internet Explorer (IE) web browser. The decision to end support for IE follows the announcement of IE’s upcoming retirement by Microsoft. Fewer than 2% of users accessing FRMS still do so via Internet Explorer and ending support for IE will allow the teams supporting FRMS to improve performance and security within FRMS more efficiently. We recommend updating to the latest version of Firefox, Google Chrome, or Microsoft Edge for uninterrupted access and ensuring FRMS functions as intended.
Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor-Led
askUS Self-Paced Learning allows users to engage in training lessons and exercises at their own pace and convenience. Current offerings include Workday Fundamentals, Workday for Security Partners, and Financial Fundamentals.
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (ILT) courses are held via Zoom and require registration via UTLearn.
- November 2-3 – Workday Hire and Onboarding (2-part class)
- November 9-10 – Workday Costing (Basics) (2-part class)
- November 16-17 – Workday Changes During Employment (2-part class)
- December 7 – Workday Costing (Advanced)
- December 8 – Workday Job Costing Tool
For a complete schedule of courses, visit the Upcoming Instructor-Led Training (ILT) events list.
askUS Release Notes
The weekly askUS Release Notes email provides information about improvements, fixes, known issues, and guidance for UT's HR/Payroll and Financial systems. Subscribe to receive release notes via email. Unsure how to subscribe? Check out our quick how-to guide. Please subscribe to Release Notes using only your UT email address.