Updated on October 26, 2021
Direct deposit in Workday is a convenient and popular option for workers to receive their paycheck, but new workers occasionally run into issues while setting up direct deposit. To help troubleshoot direct deposit issues, we have gathered some common issues workers encounter along with suggested solutions.
Why is my worker unable to set up direct deposit?
- The worker’s start date is in the future. The worker will only be able to complete the Payment Elections step of Onboarding on or after the first day of work. For more information about onboarding, review the Onboarding – Workday Process Overview (WPO).
- The worker needs to complete the Direct Deposit Declaration step in Workday. To complete this step, the worker will need to log into Workday via a web browser to complete this step as this step is not available in the Workday mobile app.
- Click the blue cloud or user icon on the top right of the page
- Select View Profile to go to the Worker Profile page
- Click Personal in the list of categories on the left side of the screen
- Click the Additional Data tab at the top of the screen
- Scroll down to the Direct Deposit Declaration section, click the Edit button, complete the form and click OK. Note – If the worker selects the option that says that 100% of the payment will go outside the US., Direct Deposit will not be available.
- The worker has entered incorrect information in the bank account fields. Typically, this happens if the account number or bank routing number is incorrect. The employee should contact their bank to verify the correct information. For general help entering direct deposit information, refer to the Payment Elections – Workday Instructional Guide (WIG).
- Payroll placed a hold on the worker. In this case, a message will appear during the Payment Election process letting the worker know they will need to contact Payroll for more information.
- Direct Deposit set up after the payroll processing date. Check the payroll calendar for deadlines.
This information also appears in the askUS Knowledge Base entry, Troubleshooting Direct Deposit Setup, which addresses the worker directly.