In This Issue:
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Coming Soon – Timesheet Alerts for Hourly and Salaried Workers
- Now Available – Operational Support Forms via DocuSign
- Recent Enhancements to Form I-9 Processing in Workday
- Answers to Common Questions Recently Received by askUS Support
- Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor-Led
- askUS Release Notes
Important Dates and Deadlines
Wednesday, April 19, 2021, at 3 p.m. – Semi-Monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time for the 4/1/21 - 4/15/21 time period.
Friday, April 23, 2021, @ 1 p.m. – Prior Period Mass Advance of Time for January 2021.
Friday, April 30, 2021, at 10 p.m. – Prior Period Time Entry Lock for January 2021.
Delayed – Timesheet Alerts for Hourly and Salaried Workers
Timesheet alerts will not go into effect on April 16 as initially announced. We are delaying the start of the new notifications to include additional alerts in this release. We will announce updated dates for the start of timesheet email alerts before any new alerts go into effect. To learn more about new timesheet alerts, continue reading Timesheet Alerts for Hourly and Salaried Workers.
Getting Started with DocuSign for Operational Support Forms
Getting started with Docusign for Operational Support forms is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Follow the Operational Support (OPS) DocuSign Guidance.
- Remember to use your UT EID email address (MyUTEID@eid.utexas.edu) and not your UT work email address.
- Keep the access code, askus2020, handy anytime you need to access DocuSign.
Performance Appraisals to Support Attachments
Beginning April 16, all Performance Reviews templates launched in Workday will include a supporting documents section for adding attachments. Previously, only the Comprehensive Performance Review template supported attachments. Performance Reviews launched before April 16 will not receive the supporting documents enhancement. Updated performance training materials will be available when the enhancement goes into effect.
Answers to Common Questions Recently Received by askUS Support
How do I locate a description of job responsibilities for a performance review in Workday?
Workers in a PM supervisory organization can access their responsibilities through the Performance or Job Details sections of their profile. For detailed instructions or to learn about job responsibilities for JM supervisory organizations, continue reading Finding Job Descriptions in Workday.
What do I do if I’ve lost access to a screen in DEFINE?
Follow these entries in the askUS Knowledge Base to troubleshoot your issue.
- Ensure you are using the correct desk and view, and if necessary, change your desk and view using the F1 key.
- To check your access, use the YS1 screen to see a list of all desks you are assigned to in DEFINE.
- If you need access to a desk or view and don’t know who the Electronic Office Management (EOM) Manager is for your office, you can look them up via the HD3 or YS1 screen.
Is there a way I can view all items in my Workday Inbox?
The My Inbox report provides a table view of all items in your inbox. Columns include Business Process Event, Subject, Date and Time Initiated, and Due Date. To learn more, continue reading Report Spotlight: My Inbox.
Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor-Led
- April 21 (1-3 p.m.) – Nonemployee & Contingent Worker
- May 4 (9-11:30 a.m.) – Workday Costing (Basics) Virtual ILT
- May 5 (1-3 p.m.) – Workday Hire and Onboarding ILT
- May 6 (1-3 p.m.) – Workday Candidate Management ILT
- May 11 (9-10 a.m.) – Workday Job Costing Tool ILT
- May 11 (10:15-11:45 a.m.) – Workday Costing Approval ILT
- May 12-13 (1-3 p.m.) – Workday Changes During Employment ILT (2-part class)
- May 18 (9-11 a.m.) – Workday Costing (Advanced) ILT
- June 2 (1-3 p.m.) – Workday Hire and Onboarding ILT
askUS Release Notes
The weekly askUS Release Notes email provides information about improvements, fixes, known issues, and guidance for UT's HR/Payroll and Financial systems. Subscribe to receive release notes via email. Unsure how to subscribe? Check out our quick how-to guide.