Welcome to the first Fiscal Year-End and Fall Prep special edition of News from askUS. In place of the usual news and information covering UT’s HR/Payroll and Financial systems, this issue will focus on sharing resources for those engaged in Fiscal Year-End and HR processing for the upcoming fall semester.
In This Issue:
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Preparing for Fall 2022 Resources
- Fiscal Year-End Resources
- Reporting Resources
- You asked US! – Answers to Common Questions
- Need Help? askUS!
Important Dates and Deadlines
Friday, August 19, at 5 p.m. – Workday — Monthly Employees — Business Process Routing Deadline for the September 1 payday.
Tuesday, August 23, at 5 p.m. – Voucher processing deadline for all VP documents.
Tuesday, August 23, at 5 p.m. – Workday — Monthly Employees — One-Time Payment Routing and HCM Final Approval Deadline for the September 1 payday.
Tuesday, August 30, at noon – CSU Transaction Processing Deadline for the September AGS Monthly Mass EAJ/Term Process for the Academic Graduate Student population, which runs on September 1.
Wednesday, August 31 – Faculty deadline for submitting Salary Spread Request Form to Payroll Services.
Wednesday, August 31, at 5 p.m. – Workday — Hourly Employees — Business Process Routing Deadlinefor the September 7 payday.
Thursday, September 1, at 5 p.m. – Workday – Hourly Employees – One Time Payment Routing and HCM Final Approval Deadline for the September 7 payday.
Wednesday, September 7, at noon – CSU Transaction Processing Deadline for the Monthly Mass EAJ/Term Process for all fixed-term employee and nonemployee positions, which runs Friday, September 9.
Wednesday, September 7, at noon – Mass Extension Process submission window closes.
Preparing for Fall 2022 Resources
- Preparing for Fall 2022 Webpage – Collects important dates and resources into one location to assist departments engaged in HR processing for the upcoming fall semester. Topics covered include mass processes, academic and student employment, job costing, onboarding, reporting, and training.
- Summer Student Employment Forum Presentation – Presentation PowerPoint from the August 4 SE Forum. Be sure to check out slides 18-21 for tips to help resolve common Student Employment issues in Workday.
- Extend AGS Employees Before the AGS Mass Termination Process – If your office manages Academic Graduate Students (AGS) employees, remember that the AGS Mass Termination Process for summer will run on Thursday, September 1, 2022. Be sure to extend any continuing AGS employees before the CSU processing deadline of noon on Tuesday, August 30. For more information, continue reading Reminder to Extend AGS Employees Before the AGS Mass Termination Process.
- Use Change Job to Extend Positions – Use Change Job to complete any necessary extensions for positions ending on or before August 31, 2022. Extending positions expected to continue into the next semester early helps workers avoid any adverse effects and the potential to need to request a rescind later. For more information, continue reading Avoid potential issues by using Change Job to extend positions.
Fiscal Year-End Resources
For those involved in Fiscal Year-End (FYE) processing, remember to check the askUS Knowledge Base for updates and resources to help with a smooth transition from Fiscal Year 2021-22 to 2022-23. Available FYE resources include:
- Fiscal Year-End Resources – Links to commonly used FYE resources in the askUS Knowledge Base.
- Processing Deadlines for Fiscal Year-End 2021-22 – A collection of FYE deadlines covering voucher processing, purchasing, scholarship processing, inventory, payroll deadlines, and more.
- Tips for the New Fiscal Year 2022-2023 – A collection of tips to help *DEFINE users move from FY 2021-22 to 2022-23.
- Introduction to the Fiscal Year-End Process (pptx) – Presentation from FYE training for members of the UT community who are new to the FYE process.
- Encumbrance Availability Update for 2022-23 – Workday will post salary and fringe information for 2022-2023 to *DEFINE on September 7.
- Helpful Reports List for Semester Start – An annotated list of reports to help offices prepare for semester startup employment processing and information review.
- Workday Searchable Campus Reports List (Excel) – Offers dynamic search and sorting to make finding reports easier.
- Financial Reports Landing Page – Links to Salary and Payroll reports, such as Allocation Details, and General Accounting Reports, including the Detailed Account Balances (GB2) report.
- Financial Transaction Guidance – Links to financial reports guidance documentation.
You asked US! – Answers to Common Questions
Why is my new employee unable to log in to Workday and begin onboarding?
The Hire process must be final approved and Onboarding launched before a new employee will be able to log into Workday to begin onboarding. Once they can access Workday, the Onboarding Workday Process Overview (WPO) will help you and your new employee know which tasks they can perform before their first day of work. For more information, continue reading Onboarding Gotchas that can Trip-up Future-dated Hires.
Who can copy a department's code scheme into the next fiscal year?
Only an electronic office manager or delegate can copy code schemes. For more information on performing this task, continue reading Copying Department Code Schemes.
How do I use *DEFINE across the fiscal year?
If you are going back and forth between the old and new fiscal year, pay attention to the year shown in the *DEFINE command line. By changing the year in the command line, you can switch between fiscal years. If you have trouble viewing information or performing a particular task, double-check the fiscal year to ensure you are using the correct one. To learn more about using *DEFINE during the fiscal year change-over, continue reading Tips for the New Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
Need Help? askUS!
Extended Hours for FYE and Fall Start-up
askUS Support is available from 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. through Friday, September 9. For assistance, email askUS@austin.utexas.edu.
The askUS Knowledge Base and Find Help Webpage are available 24/7 to help users of UT’s HR/Payroll and Financial systems find answers or links to a wide range of help, documentation, training, and other self-service resources.