In This Issue:
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- NEW – Financial Reports Enhancements Now Available
- Improvements to Job Costing Routing in Workday
- Answers to Common Questions Recently Received by askUS Support
- Reminder – President's Exemplary Service Award Hours Expiration
- Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor Led
- askUS Release Notes
Important Dates and Deadlines
Tuesday, June 30, 2020 @ 10 p.m. – Prior Period Time Entry Lock for October, November, and December 2019.
Thursday, July 2, 2020 @ 3 p.m. – Time will advance to Timekeepers for the Semi-Monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time process for the 6/16/20 - 6/30/20 time period.
Monday, July 6, 2020 @ noon – CSU Transaction Processing Deadline for the May Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process Guidance process.
Wednesday, July 8, 2020 by noon – Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process Guidanceprocess runs for all fixed-term employees and non-employees positions with an End Employment Date on or before May 31, 2020.
NEW – Financial Reports Enhancements Now Available
A new Financial Reports home page now offers convenient links to existing financial reports and corresponding Financial Reports Help documentation. The Detailed Account Balance GB2, Fringe Single Year, Fringe Year Over Year, and new Stopgap Accounts reports now provide enhanced visibility into transaction activity. Popovers now display additional details related to specific data elements and links to additional transaction details are available within each report. Additional enhancements applied across financial reports include filtering by column, detailed downloads in Excel (.xlsx) format, and a quick-sum calculator.
Improvements to Job Costing Routing in Workday
In response to requests to help reduce the workload on HR Executives while providing better financial oversight, updated routing for stand-alone Assign Costing Allocation transactions recently went into effect in Workday. The routing update replaces the approval by an HR Executive with a new role called Financial HR Executive. Security Partners were given advanced notice so they could update assignments to the Financial HR Executive role prior to the approval routing change if they chose to do so. For more information and links to resources, continue reading on Workday@UT.
Answers to Common Questions Recently Received by askUS Support
Resources for Time Entry
Questions about Time Entry are always common from employees, managers, and those who support workers in their organization. This is why we routinely update resources whenever new information becomes available and we encourage anyone with time-related questions to familiarize themselves with the following resources maintained by the askUS Team.
- Submitting Time in Workday (askUS Knowledge Base)
- Timesheet FAQs (Workday @ UT website)
- Time and Absence Training (Workday @ UT website)
How long do workers retain access to Workday after their job is ended or terminated?
The length of time a worker retains access to Workday after termination depends on the nature of their relationship to the University. For more information about access for different populations continue reading Duration of Worker Access to Workday.
Which systems now require Duo authentication?
As of June 15, most UT systems and websites that require a UT EID login now require Duo authentication. Systems now requiring Duo authentication include UT Box, the askUS Knowledge Base, and all websites and applications accessed through UT Direct. For more information, continue reading Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
Reminder – President's Exemplary Service Award Hours Expiration
President's Exemplary Service Award hours will begin expiring in Workday for the first time on September 1, 2020. An update to the report Workers with Expiring Time Off - RPT0545 will help workers determine if they have exemplary service hours scheduled to expire. Affected employees, their managers, and Timekeepers received email communications reminding them about exemplary service hours expiration in December 2019, as well as March and June 2020.
Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor Led
askUS Self-Paced Learning allows users to engage in training lessons and exercises at their own pace and convenience. (No registration required to begin learning.)
- Workday Fundamentals is designed for individuals who have a Workday security role that support workers or an analyst role with the ability to view data. The goal of this course is to teach foundational concepts to those new to the system. Experienced Workday users may find the lessons useful as a knowledge refresher. Look for more courses that focus on specific processes and topics later this summer. Continue to Workday Fundamentals
Virtual Instructor Led Training (ILT) courses are held via Zoom video conferencing to support the continued learning needs of Workday users. (Requires registration via UTLearn.)
Currently Scheduled Virtual Classroom Courses
- August 8, 9:00-11:00 a.m. – Workday Costing Basics ILT
- August 11, 1:00-2:00 p.m. – Workday Job Costing Tool ILT
- August 12-13, 9:00-11:00 a.m. – Workday Multiple Jobs/Additional Work ILT (2-part class)
- September 8, 9:00-11:00 a.m. – Workday Advanced Costing ILT
- September, 8 1:00-2:00 p.m. – Workday Costing Approvals ILT
askUS Release Notes
The weekly askUS Release Notes email provides information about improvements, fixes, known issues, and guidance to users of UT’s HR/Payroll and Financial systems. Subscribe to receive release notes via email. Unsure how to subscribe? Check out our quick how-to guide.