In This Issue:
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Processing Deadlines for Fiscal Year-End 2020-21
- Mark Your Calendars – Mass Extension Dates Announced
- Answers to Common Questions Recently Received by askUS Support
- ICYMI – Updated UT Onboarding Dashboard Now Available
- Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor-Led
- askUS Release Notes
Important Dates and Deadlines
Wednesday, July 7, 2021, at noon – CSU Transaction Processing Deadline for the Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process.
Friday, July 9, 2021 – Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process runs for July.
Monday, July 19, 2021, at 3 p.m. – Semi-Monthly Mass Advance of Hourly Time for 7/1/21 - 7/15/21.
Processing Deadlines for Fiscal Year-End 2020-21
Fiscal Year-End 2020-21 Voucher Processing Deadlines are now available in the askUS Knowledge Base. For more processing deadlines, keep an eye on the entry Processing Deadlines for Fiscal Year-End 2020-21, which will be updated as new dates are made available. To learn more about Fiscal Year End at UT, check out Fiscal Year-End Resources.
August 3 (10-11 a.m.) – Fiscal Year-End Processing Information Session provides an informational overview of the fiscal year-end financial process and available resources. The session is intended as an introduction for anyone new to fiscal year-end processing at UT while acting as a review session for experienced attendees.
Mark Your Calendars – Mass Extension Dates Announced
The submission window for the Fall 2021 Mass End Employment Date Extension Process will open Monday, August 2, and close on Wednesday, September 8, at noon. For Fall 2021, the Mass Extension Process will also include nonemployees. Updated guidance will be available before the submission window opens.
Preparing for Fall Employment Reminders
- The Preparing for Fall webpage will go live on July 21 with important dates and links to resources to assist with fall semester startup hiring and other HR/Payroll processing.
- Use the Mass Transaction Submission System (MTSS) to streamline performing student Hires and Add Additional Jobs in Workday. MTSS is an always-on service available for HR Partners and HR Executives.
Answers to Common Questions Recently Received by askUS Support
How do I access the Glossary in DEFINE?
To access the glossary in DEFINE, press PF10, type the term you wish to look up in the field that appears, and press ENTER. The definition of the term you entered or a numbered list of related terms for you to choose from will appear. For more help with financial systems terminology, view the FRMS Glossary or the Electronic Office Management (EOM) Glossary.
How can I find out when my Comp Time will expire?
Workers who want to make sure they use comp time before it expires can use the Workday report Compensatory Time Expiring for Worker - RPT0823. This report will show any comp time set to expire during each of the eight weeks following the effective date supplied when running the report. To view all of your available time off, click the View Absence Balances button when entering time in Workday.
ICYMI – Updated UT Onboarding Dashboard Now Available
An updated UT Onboarding Dashboard is now available in Workday. The update adds tabs that organize information by Job Family Group and a separate tab for Terminated workers. The Workday report Outstanding Onboarding Tasks - RPT0352 also received related updates, including simplified onboarding status indicators. For more information, continue reading Updated UT Onboarding Dashboard Coming Soon.
Training Opportunities – Self-Paced or Instructor-Led
- August 3 (10-11 a.m.) – Fiscal Year-End Processing (Informational)
- August 3-4 (1-2:30 p.m.) – Workday Hire and Onboarding (2-day course)
askUS Release Notes
The weekly askUS Release Notes email provides information about improvements, fixes, known issues, and guidance for UT's HR/Payroll and Financial systems. Subscribe to receive release notes via email. Unsure how to subscribe? Check out our quick how-to guide. Please subscribe to Release Notes using only your UT email address.