During March, I-9 Partners learned about two new enhancements to Form I-9 processing in Workday.
E-Verify to begin syncing with Workday on March 10
Effective March 10, 2021, E-Verify will begin syncing with Workday on a nightly basis. This change will better ensure accurate statuses in Workday and remove the need for manual review and coordination between CSUs and Human Resource Service Center (HRSC).
- Any I-9 in a “Queued” status with E-Verify will automatically update in Workday overnight when its status changes.
- After March 10, the U.S. Final Verification Step triggered in Workday will no longer route to I-9 Partners. The Complete Form I-9 and Amend Form I-9 business processes will route to the HRSC when the U.S. Final Verification is required.
- Any duplicate cases submitted to E-Verify will route to the HRSC for processing.
Note: Any Complete Form I-9 or Amend Form I-9 business processes submitted before March 10 will follow the original business process routing and route to the I-9 Partner.
Legacy and External I-9 Information Available in Workday on March 24
Effective March 24, 2021, Legacy and Paper I-9 data previously unavailable to CSUs will be maintained under the section titled I-9 and E-Verify Completed Outside of Workday Data in the Worker’s Additional Data section in Workday.
- This section will include the following data:
- Legacy and External I-9 Information: including Immigration Codes, Work Authorization Dates, E-Verify Case Numbers, and Completion dates
- Paper Form I-9 data
- Maintaining External I-9 and Work Authorization Data:
- Central HR will have the ability to edit this information.
- I-9 Partners will be able to view these fields for workers that they support. To find this information locate a worker, view their related actions, then view their Worker Additional data.
- Reports used to audit I-9s in Workday will be updated to reflect this change.
- Training Documentation has been updated to instruct users how to access the I-9 and E-Verify Outside Workday Data.
I-9 Partners needing assistance with Form I-9 processing should contact the Human Resource Service Center at email@example.com or 512-471-4772.