To support the university’s efforts to recruit and retain talent, approved Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA) can now be documented, tracked, and viewed within Workday. Once an FWA has been approved, employees or those who hold HR roles can upload the signed document into Workday. The start and end dates of the FWA can be managed within Workday, indicating if the FWA is active or expired. All FWAs will be displayed on the worker’s profile. For more information and links to documentation, visit the Employee Resources page or the Changes During Employment page for those who hold HR roles in Workday.
- For Employees – Request, View, and End Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA) - Workday Instructional Guide (WIG)
- For HR Roles and Managers – Add, View and End Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA) for a Worker - Workday Instructional Guide (WIG)
In response to feedback from campus, the following enhancements are being planned to assist departments looking to get started with FWA management in Workday.
- Permanent Change: Enable Managers to initiate adding FWAs for their workers. (End of May)
- Temporary Change: The validation that prevents the creation of an FWA without also uploading the associated documentation will be temporarily removed. This change will assist offices needing to enter the parameters for existing FWAs where the documentation has already been uploaded to Workday. (End of May)
- One-Time Mass Process: In October, we will offer campus a one-time mass process (EIB) to assist departments with their efforts to get existing FWAs entered into Workday.
If you need assistance, contact askUS@austin.utexas.edu.