In This Issue:
- Spring 2020 Mass Extend / Change Job Details Process Guidance
- Non-Tenure Track Faculty Mass Transactions Guidance
- December Mass End Job / Termination Process
- Changes to Workday Incidental Account Request Process
- Website Update – New Operational Support Page
- Workday Training Schedule
Spring 2020 Mass Extend / Change Job Details Process Guidance
Guidance for the upcoming Student Mass End Extension and Mass Change Job Details processes is now available on the Workday@UT website. The submission window for both processes will open on Dec. 2, 2019and run through Jan. 22, 2020. Links to guidance for current mass processes can be found on the Mass Process Guidance page.
- Student Mass End Employment Date Extension Process Guidance
- Mass Change Job Details for Graduate Academic Students Guidance
Non-Tenure Track Faculty Mass Transactions Guidance
Guidance from Academic Personnel Services (APS) for the Spring 2020 Non-Tenure Track Faculty Mass Transactions is now available on the Workday@UT website. The process will cover activities associated with managing NTT faculty jobs and contracts including, Review, Inactivate, Reactivate, and Terminate. Friday, Dec. 13, 2019, 5:00 p.m. is the deadline for CSUs to submit NTT Faculty Renew/Inactivate and/or Reactivate spreadsheets via upload to APS Box folders.
December Mass End Job / Termination Process
Dec. 5, 2019, at Noon, is the college, school, and unit (CSU) processing deadline for the next Mass End Job/Termination process, which will occur on Dec. 9, 2019, for positions with an end date on or before Nov. 30, 2019. The monthly Mass End Additional Job/Termination process will run for all fixed-term employees and non-employees positions. For a detailed outline of the process and associated guidance, please view the Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process Guidance.
Changes to Workday Incidental Account Request Process
Incidental Account Organizations in Workday are used to track the account used for incidental costs such as university ID cards or background checks. Recently, Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) announcedthat they have added an option to request a Workday Incidental Account to their new account request forms. In light of this change, Workday Operational Support has updated their process for creating these accounts in order to clarify when one should contact Operational Support for a Workday incidental account. For more information visit the Operational Support Services page.
Website Update – New Operational Support Page
Based on feedback from users, information about the Workday Help Desk and Operational Support have been split into separate pages on the Workday@UT website. The goal of this change is to remove confusion over which team users should contact for assistance with Workday. The new Operational Support page features updated and expanded information about the services Operational Support provides. Anyone needing to contact Operational Support regarding any of their specific services, will still use the email address email@example.com. For other, general Workday support questions, please contact the Workday Help Desk at askUS@austin.utexas.edu or call 512-471-8802.
Workday Training Schedule
Workday Training offers Instructor Lead Training (ILT) through UTLearn, Training Sessions (open enrollment), and Open Labs for walk-in Workday help and learning opportunities.
- Nov. 20 – Open Lab - General (FAC 327)
- Nov. 21 – Workday Basics ILT Course (FAC 327)
- Dec. 4 – Open Lab - General (FAC 327)
- Dec. 5 – Workday Costing - Basics ILT (for NEW Cost Center Managers) (FAC 327)
- Dec. 10 – Workday Basics ILT Course (FAC 327)
- Dec. 12 – Workday Costing - Advanced ILT (FAC 327)
- Dec. 18 – Open Lab - General (FAC 327)
- Dec. 19 – Workday Job Costing Tool ILT - NEW Course (FAC 327)
- Dec. 19 – Workday Costing Approvals ILT - NEW Course (FAC 327)