In This Issue:
- Reminder – Important Dates and Deadlines
- There’s Still Time to Go Paperless!
- Preparing for Spring 2020
- NEW! Workday Courses for Spring 2020
- ICYMI – Allocation Details Website Now Available!
Reminder – Important Dates and Deadlines
Thursday, Jan. 9, 2020 @ noon – January Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process Guidanceprocess will run.
Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2020 – Classes begin for Spring 2020
Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2020 @ noon – Submission window closes for the Student Mass End Employment Date Extension and Mass Change Job Details for Graduate Academic Students processes.
Thursday, Jan. 23, 2020 @ 5 p.m. – For salaried Graduate Academic positions: All HCM transactions must be in a successfully completed status in Workday by 5 p.m. for students to receive a paycheck on Feb. 1, 2020, for the 1/16 –1/31 period.
Thursday, Feb. 6, 2020 @ noon – CSU Transaction Processing Deadline for February Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process Guidance process.
There’s Still Time to Go Paperless!
Electronic copies of Form W-2 and Form 1095-C will be available in Workday. If you have not already opted out, you will receive both electronic and paper copies. To opt out of receiving a paper copy of your tax forms via mail, please log into Workday and change your printing elections for both W-2 and 1095-C forms by following these instructions.
Remember – You only need to opt-out once. Your 2019 printing election will be remembered for 2020 and beyond!
Preparing for Spring 2020
Be sure to review the Preparing for Spring 2020 webpage links to resources highlighted to help campus start 2020 off right! The page includes information on the following topics:
- Mass Process Guidance – Mass processes, including End Additional Job / Termination, Student Employment Date Extension, and Change Job Details for Graduate Academic Students, help reduce the amount of data entry CSUs must perform.
- Student Employment – Student Employment Forum presentation materials and updated Student Employment guidance documentation.
- Academic Employment – Updated Non-Tenured Track Faculty contract guidance.
- Recruiting & Candidate Management – Guidance about recent updates to Workday that improve the handling of application materials and duplicate candidates.
- Key Reports – New reporting guidance that helps users identify which reports they need to use and suggests when and how often they should be run.
NEW! Workday Courses for Spring 2020
For 2020, Workday Training is offering a new series of Workday courses through UTLearn. These courses were developed based on feedback from users across the university and are designed to take Workday initiators through the complete employee lifecycle of Workday processes—from hiring to termination and everything in between. There are courses tailored for both new and experienced Workday users and also include topics related to Recruiting and Costing. Visit Workday Courses for Spring 2020 for a complete list of available courses, including course descriptions, requirements, and links to schedules and registration.
Upcoming Learning Opportunities
- Jan. 14 – Workday Costing Basics ILT
- Jan. 15 – Workday Changes During Employment ILT (Part 1)
- Jan. 15 – Open Lab - General
- Jan. 16 – Workday Changes During Employment ILT (Part 2)
- Jan. 22 – Workday Multiple Jobs/Additional Work ILT (Part 1)
- Jan. 22 – Open Lab - General
- Jan. 23 – Workday Multiple Jobs/Additional Work ILT (Part 2)
- Jan. 28 – Workday Job Costing Tool ILT
- Jan. 28 – Workday Costing Approval ILT
- Jan. 29 – Workday Multiple Jobs/Additional Work ILT (Part 1)
- Jan. 29 – Open Lab - General
- Jan. 30 – Workday Candidate Management ILT
ICYMI – Allocation Details Website Now Available!
Allocation Details combines Workday compensation plans, costing allocations, scheduled weekly hours, payroll actuals, encumbrances, and unit codes to display employee salary information in a format similar to what was previously shown by the AL1 and AL4 commands in DEFINE. Similar legacy information is provided for September – October 2018. It also provides the ability to download the data in Excel in small, medium, and large data sets. Allocation Details are visible to users with the following Workday roles: Cost Center Manager, Cost Center Financial Analyst, and HCM Financial Analyst.
Access the Allocation Details Website – The website provides allocation amounts for salaried employees that can be viewed by EID, account number, and unit.
Allocation Details Training Resources – Training resources include links to instructions for using the website, column definitions, and the complete Allocation Details documentation.
Release Notes Available Online/Via Email
Release Notes, which include known issues, fixes, improvements, and links to new guidance, are posted twice-per-week on the Workday Release Notes page. You can also subscribe to receive release notes via email. Workday posts release notes on Wednesdays and Fridays.