In This Issue:
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Reminder – Launching Onboarding for Transitioning Students
- Payslip Email Notifications Updated
- Prior Period Time Entry Lock Process to Resume
- ICYMI – Preparing for Spring 2020
- Upcoming Workday Training for Spring 2020
Important Dates and Deadlines
Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2020 @ noon – Submission window closes for the Student Mass End Employment Date Extension and Mass Change Job Details for Graduate Academic Students processes.
Thursday, Jan. 23, 2020 @ 5 p.m. – For salaried Graduate Academic positions: All HCM transactions must be in a successfully completed status in Workday by 5 p.m. for students to receive a paycheck on Feb. 1, 2020, for the 1/16 –1/31 period.
Monday, Jan. 27, 2020 by 1 p.m. – Mass Advance of June and July 2019 unsubmitted and in progress time to Timekeepers for review/approval.
Friday, Jan. 31, 2020 @ 10 p.m. – Prior Period Time Entry Lock for June and July 2019.
Thursday, Feb. 6, 2020 @ noon – CSU Transaction Processing Deadline for February Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process Guidance process.
Monday, Feb. 10, 2020 by noon – Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process Guidance process runs for all fixed-term employees and non-employees positions with an End Employment Date on or before Jan. 31, 2020.
Reminder – Launching Onboarding for Transitioning Students
When students transition from a non-employee to paid employee positions via the Add Job business process, the hiring department will need to make a request to the Human Resources Service Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) to initiate the “Launch Onboarding” task. This request should be made on the workers’ first day of employment.
Payslip Email Notifications Updated
The email notifications which are automatically generated and sent by Workday were recently updated to provide workers with more notice and information about their pay. Payslip email notifications will now be sent the same day that pay result calculations are completed. Payslips for completed pay results will also now be visible up to 15 days in advance of payday. This change will provide workers a minimum of 24 hours of additional notice of payslip availability. The content of these emails has also been updated to include more information and a direct link to the Understanding Your Payslip – Workday Process Overview.
Prior Period Time Entry Lock Process to Resume
The Prior Period Time Entry Lock process will resume with the locking of June and July 2019 time entry on Friday, Jan. 31, 2020, at 10 p.m. Timekeepers should be on the lookout for further communications which will contain specific instructions and resources. Through Apr. 30, 2020, the time lock schedule will be accelerated by locking two months at a time in order to catch up to the normal lock schedule. Beginning May 31, 2020, the time lock schedule will return to normal, locking one month at a time.
Upcoming Prior Period Lock Schedule
- January 31, 2020 – June and July 2019
- February 29, 2020 – August and September 2019
- March 31, 2020 – October and November 2019
- April 30, 2020 – December 2019 and January 2020
- May 31, 2020 – February 2020
- June 30, 2020 – March 2020
- July 31, 2020 – April 2020
- August 31, 2020 – May 2020
ICYMI – Preparing for Spring 2020
Be sure to review the Preparing for Spring 2020 webpage links to resources highlighted to help campus start 2020 off right! The page includes information on the following topics:
- Mass Process Guidance – Mass processes, including End Additional Job / Termination, Student Employment Date Extension, and Change Job Details for Graduate Academic Students, help reduce the amount of data entry CSUs must perform.
- Student Employment – Student Employment Forum presentation materials and updated Student Employment guidance documentation.
- Academic Employment – Updated Non-Tenured Track Faculty contract guidance.
- Recruiting & Candidate Management – Guidance about recent updates to Workday that improve the handling of application materials and duplicate candidates.
- Key Reports – New reporting guidance that helps users identify which reports they need to use and suggests when and how often they should be run.
Upcoming Workday Training for Spring 2020
For 2020, Workday Training is offering a new series of Workday courses through UTLearn. These courses were developed based on feedback from users across the university and are designed to take Workday initiators through the complete employee lifecycle of Workday processes—from hiring to termination and everything in between. There are courses tailored for both new and experienced Workday users and also include topics related to Recruiting and Costing. Visit Workday Courses for Spring 2020 for a complete list of available courses, including course descriptions, requirements, and links to schedules and registration.
Upcoming Learning Opportunities
- Jan. 22 – Workday Multiple Jobs/Additional Work ILT (Part 1)
- Jan. 22 – Open Lab - General
- Jan. 23 – Workday Multiple Jobs/Additional Work ILT (Part 2)
- Jan. 28 – Workday Job Costing Tool ILT
- Jan. 28 – Workday Costing Approval ILT
- Jan. 29 – Open Lab - General
- Jan. 30 – Workday Candidate Management ILT
- Feb. 11 – Workday Costing Basics ILT
- Feb. 12 – Workday Fundamentals ILT
- Feb 13 – Workday Hire and Onboarding Business Processes ILT
Release Notes Available Online/Via Email
Release Notes, which include known issues, fixes, improvements, and links to new guidance, are posted twice-per-week on the Workday Release Notes page. You can also subscribe to receive release notes via email. Workday posts release notes on Wednesdays and Fridays.