In This Issue:
- Reminder – December Mass End Job / Termination Process
- Spring 2020 Mass Extend / Change Job Details Submission Window Open
- Non-Tenure Track Faculty Mass Transactions Deadline Approaching
- Now’s the time to Opt Out of Receiving Paper Tax forms for 2019
- Workday Training Schedule
Reminder – December Mass End Job / Termination Process Deadline
Thursday, Dec. 5, 2019, at Noon, is the college, school, and unit (CSU) processing deadline for the next Mass End Job/Termination process, which will occur on Dec. 9, 2019, for positions with an end date on or before Nov. 30, 2019. The monthly Mass End Additional Job/Termination process will run for all fixed-term employees and non-employees positions. For a detailed outline of the process and associated guidance, please view the Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process Guidance.
Spring 2020 Mass Extend / Change Job Details Submission Window Open
The submission windows for the Spring 2020 Student Mass Extension and Change Job Details processes are now open! The submission window for both processes will remain open through Jan. 22, 2020 @ noon. CSUs can submit groups of 10 or more at any time for processing during the submission window by following the guidance for each process linked below.
- Student Mass End Employment Date Extension Process Guidance
- Mass Change Job Details for Graduate Academic Students Guidance
Non-Tenure Track Faculty Mass Transactions Deadline Approaching
Friday, Dec. 13, 2019, 5:00 p.m. is the deadline for CSUs to submit Non-Tenured Track (NTT) Faculty Renew/Inactivate and/or Reactivate spreadsheets via upload to APS Box folders. Please refer to the guidance from Academic Personnel Services (APS) for the Spring 2020 Non-Tenure Track Faculty Mass Transactions on the Workday@UT website. The process will cover activities associated with managing NTT faculty jobs and contracts including, Review, Inactivate, Reactivate, and Terminate.
Now’s the Time to Opt Out of Receiving Paper Tax Forms for 2019
Electronic copies of Form W-2 and Form 1095-C will be available in Workday. By default, you will receive both electronic and paper copies. Unless you opt out of receiving it, the paper copy will be mailed to your home address. To opt out of receiving a paper copy of your tax forms via mail, please log into Workday and change your printing elections for both W-2 and 1095-C forms. Instructions for accessing your tax forms and opting out of printing can be found on the Workday@UT website. Human Resources and Payroll Services will also communicate this information to employees, but we want to encourage everyone to share this with their teams and go paperless!
Workday Training Schedule
Workday Training offers Instructor Lead Training (ILT) through UTLearn, Training Sessions (open enrollment), and Open Labs for walk-in Workday help and learning opportunities.
- Dec. 4 – Open Lab - General (FAC 327)
- Dec. 5 – Workday Costing - Basics ILT (for NEW Cost Center Managers) (FAC 327)
- Dec. 10 – Workday Basics ILT Course (FAC 327)
- Dec. 12 – Workday Costing - Advanced ILT (FAC 327)
- Dec. 18 – Open Lab - General (FAC 327)
- Dec. 19 – Workday Job Costing Tool ILT - NEW Course (1-2 p.m. FAC 327)
- Dec. 19 – Workday Costing Approvals ILT - NEW Course (2-3 p.m. FAC 327)
Release Notes Available Online/Via Email
Release Notes, which include known issues, fixes, improvements, and links to new guidance, are posted twice-per-week on the Workday Release Notes page. You can also subscribe to receive release notes via email. Workday posts release notes on Wednesdays and Fridays.