In This Issue:
- New Allocation Details Website Now Available!
- Website Update – Preparing for Spring 2020
- New Key Reports Guidance
- Updates to Recruiting/Candidate Management Process
- Reminder – January Mass Process Deadlines
- Workday Qual Unavailable During UT Winter Break
- End 2019 on a Paperless Note by Opting Out of Printed Tax Forms!
- Workday Training Schedule
New Allocation Details Website Now Available!
Allocation Details combines Workday compensation plans, costing allocations, scheduled weekly hours, payroll actuals, encumbrances, and unit codes to display employee salary information in a format similar to what was previously shown by the AL1 and AL4 commands in DEFINE. Similar legacy information is provided for September – October 2018. It also provides the ability to download the data in Excel in small, medium, and large data sets. Allocation Details are visible to users with the following Workday roles: Cost Center Manager, Cost Center Financial Analyst, and HCM Financial Analyst.
Access the Allocation Details Website – The website provides allocation amounts for salaried employees that can be viewed by EID, account number, and unit.
Allocation Details Training Resources – Training resources include links to instructions for using the website, column definitions, and the complete Allocation Details documentation.
Please note: Allocation Details data will not refresh between Dec. 21, 2019, and Jan. 6, 2020. There will not be any Payroll encumbrance adjustments or Payroll runs while the University is closed for Winter Break. Weekday refreshes will resume on Tuesday, Jan. 7.
Website Update – Preparing for Spring 2020
To help campus start 2020 off right, a new Preparing for Spring 2020 webpage is now available. The new page includes links to mass process guidance, student and academic employment resources, important dates, and more.
New Key Reports Guides
Two new Workday Instructional Guides (WIGs) are now available to help CSUs identify key reports in Workday that can assist with managing Workday transactions and worker data, especially when run on a regular basis.
Key Reports by Functional Area – Areas include recruiting, academic employment, HCM, time and absence, compensation, and costing allocations.
- Key Reports by Frequency – Reports are listed by the frequency or times when they are most helpful to run.
Updates to Recruiting/Candidate Management Process
Recently, some processes related to Recruiting and Candidate Management were updated to allow for smoother processing. These changes are documented in the Candidate Management Workday Instructional Guide (WIG).
- Edit Job Application – Recruiters can now add missing job application materials to a candidate’s application.
- Duplicate Candidates – The clearing of duplicate candidate records has been moved to the Reference Check stage. This change provides recruiters with a smoother candidate management process while reducing the number of duplicate records that Human Resources will have to manage.
Reminder – January Mass Process Deadlines
Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2020 @ noon – CSU Transaction Processing Deadline for January Monthly Mass End Additional Job / Termination Process Guidance process.
Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2020 @ noon – Submission window closes for the Student Mass End Employment Date Extension and Mass Change Job Details for Graduate Academic Students processes.
Workday Qual Unavailable During UT Winter Break
The Workday Qual environment will be unavailable during the UT winter break, from Friday, Dec. 20 through Thursday, Jan. 2, 2020.
End 2019 on a Paperless Note by Opting Out of Printed Tax Forms!
Electronic copies of Form W-2 and Form 1095-C will be available in Workday. If you have not already opted out, you will receive both electronic and paper copies. To opt-out of receiving a paper copy of your tax forms via mail, please log into Workday and change your printing elections for both W-2 and 1095-C forms by following these instructions.
Workday Training Schedule
For 2020, Workday Training will offer a new series of Instructor Lead Training (ILT) courses based on feedback from users across the university. The new courses are designed to take Workday initiators through the complete worker lifecycle of Workday processes—from hiring to termination and everything in between. Look for a complete listing of available courses in the Jan. 8, 2020 newsletter. For a sneak peek, search for Workday in UTLearn or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about Workday learning opportunities.
Upcoming Learning Opportunities
- Dec. 18 – Open Lab - General (FAC 327)
- Dec. 19 – Workday Job Costing Tool ILT - NEW Course (FAC 327)
- Dec. 19 – Workday Costing Approvals - NEW Course (FAC 327)
- Jan. 8 – Workday Fundamentals ILT (FAC 327)
- Jan. 9 – Workday Hire & Onboarding ILT (FAC 327)
- Jan. 14 – Workday Costing (Basics) ILT (FAC 327)
Release Notes Available Online/Via Email
Release Notes, which include known issues, fixes, improvements, and links to new guidance, are posted twice-per-week on the Workday Release Notes page. You can also subscribe to receive release notes via email. Workday posts release notes on Wednesdays and Fridays.