In Workday, you can initiate Change Job processes using the same effective date as the Position Start Date, including retro changes. In most cases, you can make updates to a worker’s Scheduled Weekly Hours, Job Profile, Job Classification, Supervisory Organization, and Employee Type with the same effective date as the Position Start Date, without the need to contact Operational Support.
For example, suppose you need to update a new worker’s scheduled weekly hours (SWH) but found out about the change after their start date. In this case, you can perform a Change Job with the effective date set to the Position Start Date to update their SWH without needing Operational Support to rescind the original Hire process first.
- Change Job Enhancement Goes into Effect (October 10, 2019)
- Change Job – Workday Process Overview (WPO) — aka, Change Job Matrix
- Change Job for Staff and Contingent Workers - Transfer, Promote, or Change Job – Workday Instructional Guide (WIG)
- Change Job – Extend Contingent Worker Contract – Workday Instructional Guide (WIG)
- Change Job - Request Transfer - Workday Instructional Guide (WIG)
- Rescind Request Matrix
If you need assistance, contact askUS@austin.utexas.edu.